Do you want to satisfy your writing impulse with a weekly writing solution and meet other writers in a friendly and creative online environment?
Are you looking to be challenged and inspired by different writing prompts each week? These prompts, or writing triggers, designed to spark your imagination, can often serve as a launch pad for longer work on your part.
Author Gerry Boland now runs an online creative writing course.
There will be brief discussions and comments after each of these short writing exercises
The course will involve the following:
Participate in (or just listen to) discussions on a variety of writing-related topics (e.g., what to write about, what viewpoint to use, pacing, voice, how to assess the quality of your writing, editing your own work, organization your life as a writer, publishing options, etc.);
· In addition to the above, and subject to sufficient time each week, we will read and analyze a poem or short piece of prose.
· 12 creative writing workshops lasting 1.5 hours over a twelve-week period, from September 12 to November 28, hosted and facilitated by poet and author Gerry Boland;
· Two brief writing prompts provided by the facilitator, followed by participant feedback and related discussion;
· Regular on-screen discussions on various topics related to “a life as a writer”;
· Reading and analyzing a poem or piece of prose (provided there is enough time in a given week).
Course dates and times:
Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. starting September 12 and continuing consecutively for twelve weeks, ending November 12.
In case of over-registration during Monday evening, the same course will be offered, to take place on Tuesday evening, from September 13th.
Course fees: €90
Gerry Boland is an author and poet, with nine published books, the latest being his second collection of poetry, In the Space Between (Arlen House, 2016) and his first collection of short stories, The Far Side of Happiness (Arlen House, 2018 ). Her third book of poetry, All That Jazz (Arlen House), is due out in the fall. Gerry has many years of experience facilitating writing workshops, both in person and online. He runs a weekly in-person writing group on Saturday mornings ([email protected]) at The Dock in Carrick-on-Shannon.
Reserve your spot by calling Gerry on 087-6397557 or emailing [email protected]
ADVERTISEMENT – KEEP READING BELOW